The ring worm on my hand seems to not go away. But if the ring worm is gone could it be eczema that took its place.It itches like crazy. & with heat?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Yes.

You could have a contact allergy to the topical medication you use for treating the ringworm.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: Possibly

It could even have been eczema from the beginning; sometimes they're hard to tell apart.
Make sure you're using hypoallergenic skin cleansers and lotions, and if you've already used a fungal cream 3 times daily for 2 weeks without improvement, stop that and start Hydrocortisone 1% ointment 2 times daily. If not improving after a few days, please see your doctor soon.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
You're welcome! I hope it clears up soon.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian