How much weight can I lose in 4 weeks? How long do I have to exercise for to lose 2lbs each week? (i only have a treadmill)! thank you!

Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Eight at most
It's usually recommended to lose no more than two pounds per week.

In brief: Eight at most
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Need diet, too
Weight loss is a matter of basic accounting.
If you eat fewer calories than you burn in a day, you will lose weight. To manage this, you have to closely watch your diet and figure out how much energy you're burning. Roughly measured 3500 calories = 1 lb of weight. If you can take 500 calories off your diet and burn 500 calories / day more than you are now, you'll lose 2 lbs a week. That's tough!

In brief: Need diet, too
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine