Gi bleeding when going to the restroom?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Worrisome
As I have said repeatedly, no amount of bleeding with a bm is normal! you must get seen promptly by a specialist, either colorectal or gi.
Don't delay. If you haven't had a colonoscopy, you may need one. Be smart and don't self diagnose.

In brief: Worrisome
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Andria Johnson
In brief: Not a good sign
Gi bleeding is not a good sign.
Make sure it is truly blood. Some people mistake digested (red) beets or jello for blood. This may be very alarming, but not blood. However, if it is truly blood it could be due to hemorrhoids. If painful bleeding, it may be due to external hemorrhoids. If painless bleeding, it may be due internal hemorrhoids or worse. You should call your pcp if the latter.

In brief: Not a good sign
Gi bleeding is not a good sign.
Dr. Andria Johnson
Dr. Andria Johnson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine