Gi bleeding when going to the restroom?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Worrisome

As I have said repeatedly, no amount of bleeding with a bm is normal! you must get seen promptly by a specialist, either colorectal or gi.
Don't delay. If you haven't had a colonoscopy, you may need one. Be smart and don't self diagnose.

In brief: Worrisome

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Andria Johnson

In brief: Not a good sign

Gi bleeding is not a good sign.
Make sure it is truly blood. Some people mistake digested (red) beets or jello for blood. This may be very alarming, but not blood. However, if it is truly blood it could be due to hemorrhoids. If painful bleeding, it may be due to external hemorrhoids. If painless bleeding, it may be due internal hemorrhoids or worse. You should call your pcp if the latter.

In brief: Not a good sign

Gi bleeding is not a good sign.
Dr. Andria Johnson
Dr. Andria Johnson