My stomach bloats often I sleep a lot, what could be causing this?During my menstrual it hurts very badly and my belly button was bleeding also

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Endometriosis

One common cause of severe pain during menstruation is endometriosis.
This is when the lining of the uterus is found in other parts of the body, commonly within the pelvis. Bleeding from the belly button, especially if it bleeds at the same time as menstruation, could be due to this condition. You might consider seeing a doctor for evaluation.

In brief: Endometriosis

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. John Jarrett
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Endometriosis

I think the most likely explanation for all of this would be endometriosis, particularly the bleeding belly button which makes one think on endometriosis of the belly button.
I would suggest an exam and an ultrasound to be sure. While periods are often uncomfortable, they are not supposed to hurt that badly.

In brief: Endometriosis

Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. Jane Van Dis