I ate dark chocolate and then felt sick all day and finally threw up. Could I have an allergy to dark chocolate?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Probably not
I assume that it is not the first time you ate it, didn't you? It could have been some indigestion or possibly food poisoning especially if nausea/vomiting were the only symptoms.
Just let your stomach recover and try again but only a small bite a time to test it.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Less likely.
If you've tolerated milk chocolate well & tolerated dark chocolate previously, a new food allergy is less likely.
Too much of anything can upset the stomach! hold off on anything chocolate for at least a month (you may not want to be near it anyway after it made you so sick), then try only a thumbnail-sized amount the first day. It's healthiest to stay with only small amounts of any treats, too.

In brief: Less likely.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
You're welcome!
Dr. Steven Seres