I just lost my 4th pregnancy in 5yrs (all at 7-10 wks) 3 miscarriages 1 ectopic. I have pcos on metformin. Whay can I do? Genetic/hormone test/drugs?

Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Seek evaluation

Evaluation and consultation for recurrent pregnancy loss is an involved process.
It is best to seek evaluation that may include a series of blood tests for hormones, clotting, and chromosomal analysis, uterine cavity evaluation, etc. Majority of the time, evaluation is normal. Usually recommend getting pregnant again, which usually results in a live birth ~60-70% of the time.

In brief: Seek evaluation

Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Megan Bird

In brief: Get help

First, you should have a thorough exam, history and lab work (maybe also an ultrasound) to find out why.
Recurrent miscarriage can be genetic, hormonal, autoimmune or infectious. We can figure out how to help until we know what to help. If everything is negative, ask to talk to a reproductive specialist.

In brief: Get help

Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham