Best thing for neuropathy?

Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Find the cause
The best treatment for neuropathy is to treat the cause (for diabetic neuropathy: control blood sugars, lose weight.
For thyroid-related neuropathy, optimize thyroid medication dose. For B12 deficiency, replace lost vitamin b12. For toxic neuropathy, drink no alcohol; etc). Prescription medications for neuropathy do not cure the condition or heal the nerves, they only help alleviate nerve pain.

In brief: Find the cause
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Give me the reason
Best treatment for neuropathy will stem out of its cause.
If diabetic, adequate diabetes control is paramount. Other meds may be lyrica, (pregabalin) cymbalta, neurontin, tricyclics. If slipped lumbar disc, treat that first, either conservatively or surgically. B12 deficiency will need to be replenished and so on.

In brief: Give me the reason
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
well, then just follow my advice
Dr. Vikram Patel