Should I worry if I get pregnant when I have not been taking prenatal vitamins?

Dr. Caren Reaves
In brief: Never too late
It is ideal to be on prenatal vitamins(pnv) when you conceive, but it's never too late to begin! be sure your pnv contains at least 1000 mcg of Folic Acid or folate (folic acid).

In brief: Never too late
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Patrick Weix
Also, most Multivitamins targeted at women contain 800 mcg of folic acid, it just may not explicitly say "prenatal".
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Don't worry, plan
If you know you could get pregnant it is a good idea to take a prenatal before pregnancy to prevent deficiencies that can lead to birth defects prior to knowing you are pregnant.

In brief: Don't worry, plan
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Jane Van Dis