If I give my son a bottle will he start to prefer the bottle more then my breast? I don't want to stop the bond.

In brief: Reasonable backup

You may find it hard to get him to take a bottle if you are there & he wants the real thing.
Having someone else feed him a bottle once in a while can be a benefit if you were to need surgery or be away for any lengthy period. I find more BF kids refuse bottles than become confused by them.

In brief: Reasonable backup

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Actually- No

A study published this summer demonstrated that the concept of " nipple confusion" is not true, just a myth.
When a baby is truly hungry there is no problem with occasionally using a bottle. This does assume that anatomically there are no issues and that the breast milk itself has no problems.And I should add that this concept is consistant with my experience as a pediatrician.

In brief: Actually- No

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Very much so

Sucking a bottle is much more rewarding than sucking a breast, because it's easier. The bond will be compromised once you start doing that, so don't go that route, unless absolutely need to.

In brief: Very much so

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
if you start giving it to him on a regular basis - yes!
Dr. Shontae Buffington