I have pressure in my left ear and my ear constantly pops. I took prescribed prednisone but it hasn't gone away. Anything else I can do?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Let you doctor know

A sensation of pressure in the ear may be due to a problem in the middle ear & eustachian tube or the inner ear.
Popping usually indicates eustachian tube issues. Prednisone is a potent medication reserved for problems of at least moderate severity. Your md will want to know it it hasn't worked & will direct you towards the next appropriate steps in diagnosis & treatment. Lots of water may help.L.

In brief: Let you doctor know

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ear pressure maybe

"ear" symptoms can be tricky as many times the problem is not the ear. The jaw joint actually causes more "ear" symptoms than the ear. If you have no hearing loss, no ringing, no discharge and you have seen an ENT doctor who tells you that your ear looks fine, your symptoms maybe due to your jaw.
If someone said your ear "was a little red" or you "have a little fluid" it's likely your ear is fine.

In brief: Ear pressure maybe

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Arnon Rubin