Is it safe to drink distilled water? I have perioral dermatitis and dr. Said to say away from fluoride, and I live with fluorinated water.

Dr. James Beck
Dentistry
Yes, distilled water is safe to drink.
However, I have not heard of avoiding Fluoride for perioral dermatitis. I guess it's worth a try.

Yes, distilled water is safe to drink.
Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric
Yes it is safe to drink distilled water. I have never heard of Fluoride causing perioral dermatitis.
It is more likely that it is some other ingrediate in your toothpaste. Some people are allergic to ingredients found in whitning and tarter control toothpastes. It may also be a food you are allergic to. Fluoride is a very unlikley candidate for this problem.

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Perioral dermatitis
Causes of perioral dermatitis include: face creams with steroids, fluorinated toothpaste, changes in hormones, bcp, uv rays, and a variant of acne.
Treatment is with topical acne medication like clarifoam and oral antibiotics like solodyn (minocycline) or doryx.

In brief: Perioral dermatitis
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher