What helps with cough?

The cause of the. Cough determines the treatment. For example if your cough is secondary to heart burn or reflux, then the treatment life style changes, dietary changes and the use of antacids. If the cough is due to a cold, upper respiratory infection, the treatment is time, fluids and time. If it gets real bad you may try cough syrups. There are many other causes and thus the same process... Good luck. Dr. B.
Depends. Cough can be due to do many things that it really depends on the cause. If its a cold otc cough suppressants, cough drops can help. If its due to a bacterial sinus infection, bronchitis or pneumonia, antibiotics are necessary. If it is due to asthma medications such as inhalers are necessary. Reflux can cause cough as well as many other conditions. Best to see your primary doctor if it bothers you.