Would you recommend any vapor products (vapor rub, plugs, bath, etc) for a 7 month old w a bad cold? My son has a low fever, cough, stuffy/runny nose

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Nacl drops

Nacl - small tubes for inhalation can be purchased at pharmacy use 1 drop to each nostril this will clear nose use neosporin to nostrils with q tip once or twice a day.

In brief: Nacl drops

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown

In brief: Never

I consider such products as air pollution and wish the FDA would require warning labels.
Any odor producing material can trigger nasal drainage and swelling, which is most worrisome to small infants. Saline nose wash to remove mucous blocking the nose is your best option. I don't recommend these products before school age.

In brief: Never

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Cool mist vaporizer

Cool mist helps to humidify the air, which in turn decreases mucosal irritation of the nose and respiratory tract.

In brief: Cool mist vaporizer

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Peter Kurzweil