I have been recently dignosed and treated for a yest infection and p.I.D does my male partner have to also be treated for this?

Dr. Joan Sy

In brief: 4 PID Absolutely YES

Organisms that cause PID (which are actually many) can be transfered back and forth & cause relapse infections.
Both of you need to be treated and not resume intercourse until you are both 7dd post treatment. Though controversial, male partners who are uncircumcised may be more likely to cause recurrent yeast infection to their female partners. If he has any sign of itching or rash definitely.

In brief: 4 PID Absolutely YES

Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham