How can I manage water retention?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Improving muscle ton
Most women who are pregnant develop some water retention.
This is due to the hormone Progesterone as well as changes in the circulatory system that occur with pregnancy. Elevating your feet, warm baths, swimming, support stockings, leg exercises will all help temporarily relieve the symptoms of water retention.

In brief: Improving muscle ton
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
5 comments
Dr. Bradford Romans
Also , try to avoid salt
Dr. Myra Skluth
Eat less than 2000mg sodium per day. Don't eat fast food
Dr. Neal Kraus
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Why?
Why are you having water retention? It may just be salt, or immobility, but it could be something more indolent and worth following.
I agree, all of the other mentioned answers are legitimate, but figuring out why you have fluid retention may be a worthwhile endeavor.

In brief: Why?
Dr. Neal Kraus
Dr. Neal Kraus
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Avoid sodium
And talk to your physician about why you may be retaining fluid.

In brief: Avoid sodium
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch