What does it mean if I have a slight metallic/sour/acidic taste in mouth? I doubt its an dental issue because I brush my teeth well (braces)..

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Hard to tell

Sour/acidic taste may be normal.
I get a lot of it depending on what i eat. Metallic taste? - braces? Occasionally, acid reflex from the stomach may be the culprit, but less likely.

In brief: Hard to tell

Sour/acidic taste may be normal.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Slade Suchecki

In brief: Consider

Looking at medications and food consumed.

In brief: Consider

Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Many causes

Can be from leaking filling, broken tooth, coppery taste from bleeding (infected) gums, acid reflux, infected tonsils/adenoids, medications, failure to clean between teeth where toothbrush can't reach, etc.
Start with your general dentist and your orthodontic specialist. Have them check for oral cavity issues. Go on from there to your general physician. I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Marcel Hungs
Neurology

In brief: Brain?

I agree with me colleague.
If it is not better one might has to see a neurologist to address CNS problems.

In brief: Brain?

I agree with me colleague.
Dr. Marcel Hungs
Dr. Marcel Hungs
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possibly reflux

It is possible acid may be the cause.
If you drink or eat a lot of acids (coffee, tea, sodas, tomatoes, oj, etc) it can irritate your mouth and possibly lead to reflux where stomach juice can come back up often without you being aware of it. Try a liquid antacid after you eat and before bed. If it doesn't improve quickly see your dentist to make sure all is right with you braces and then ent.

In brief: Possibly reflux

It is possible acid may be the cause.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan