Can preparation h be used internally for internal hemorrhoids?

Use suppositories. Preparation h also comes in suppositories probably more convenient for internal rectal discomfort. The cream or ointment contains Hydrocortisone 1% unless pt feels discomfort when applying it internally I do not think is absolutely contraindicated or may cause any serious harm. Only when there is a suspicion for infection with yeastnor bacteria we should avoid it.
Ask Pharmacist. There are many over-the-counter medications sold for hemorrhoids; most are meant only for external use. The medications meant for internal use generally require a prescription. Pharmacists are generally very good resources with a great deal of knowledge and information. Ask her!