Is there a way to treat internal scar tissue that has built up around the knee joint? I believe the scar tissue is causing pressure resulting in pain.

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Not certain

I am not certain as to what caused the internal scar in your case.
It doesn't form on its own. If you had surgery on your knee, you may have some scarring on the skin, but that rarely causes any problems. Scarring inside of the knee joint is not a common problem after surgery and is usually not a cause of pain. Arthritis or impaired mechanics due to knee problem is the cause of it.

In brief: Not certain

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Movement

Scarring within a joint can be addressed in a number of ways.
One of the most effective is motion; keeping the joint moving as this can break down scar tissue. Stretching is also very important as it helps in a similar manner as motion. Lastly, more invasive treatments such as injections or surgery may be possible. See your doctor for his or her recommendations for your specific situation.

In brief: Movement

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng