How can I treat leg cramps in pregnancy?

Water and exercise. Leg cramps are common in pregnancy. Drink plenty of water to keep the muscle tissue hydrated. Exercise and stretch to keep muscles loose. Calcium supplementation daily. Potassium in fruits like bananas. A good massage may not prevent the cramps but it feels great. Put your partner to work.
Calcium, water. Taking calcium (and sometimes magnesium) before bed may help the charlie-horse type leg cramps that wake pregnant women up screaming at night. Also, you should make sure that you drink enough water during the day to stay well hydrated. Massaging and stretching the calf when you get the cramp may help. If you have pain, redness and swelling in one leg only, call your doctor right away.