Can missing ovulation be the caused of irregular periods? I had 10 days of spotting and 2 of regular bleeding instead of my period. It was the 1st tim

Dr. Edward Neilsen

Missed ovulation is a common cause of an odd or irregular periods.
In fact most women miss 1-2 ovulations per year and never know it. As long as thing get back on schedule there is no reason to worry.

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. John Park
Fertility Medicine

Missing ovulation frequently causes changes in the menstrual cycle.
The bleeding can come early or late, can be shorter or longer than usual, and can be lighter or heavier than usual. Since this was your first irregular period you can just wait and see how your future cycles go. If your cycles continue to be irregular, you should be evaluated for causes of ovulation problems.

Dr. John Park
Dr. John Park
Dr. Jane Van Dis