I had mirena (levonorgestrel) put in yesterday I have a charlie horse shooting down my leg i'm scared it could be something serious like a blood clot could it be? 

Dr. Edward Neilsen

In brief: Doubtful

Mirena (levonorgestrel) insertion really shouldn't cause anything like that.
It is more likely that being in the lithotomy position (feet in stirrups, legs up, etc) caused the muscles to spasm. Mirena (levonorgestrel) does have hormones in it, and all forms of hormones have a risk of blood clots....But that would be rare and coincidental.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Doubtful

Blood clot usually has one-sided swelling, and more of a throbbing pain, worse with compression, usually on back of calf.
Shooting pain, charlie horse sounds more like leg may be sore from stretching during procedure. If worse, changes, or not improving, go ahead and seek medical attention.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Adam Levy