What is the best way to mobilise the subtalar joint after a calcaneal fracture. Could cuboid manipulation be helpful?

PT. I think formal physical therapy ordered by your treating physician is best. Dr. Latva.
Physical therapy. Physical therapy can help stretch out the subtalar joint. Generally after calcaneal fracture the joint becomes stiff. They have balance boards to help with stability. A cuboid manipulation will help only of the cuboid is displaced and restricts motion across the midtarsal joints. However, it can't hurt to have it manipulated to loosen the foot.
Arthritis subtalar j. Must likely will need a subtalar fusion. Following fx of the calcaneous arthritis of the subtalar joint usually will develop and if that is the case only fusion will give you long lasting results. Manipulation of the cuboid will not help. Dr seni.