Had an X-ray done of my back. Two of my lower vertebrae are fused together and probably happened at birth I was told. Is there a name for this?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: No
There is a name for neck fusion, called klippel-feil syndrome, but i'm not aware of a name for lumbar fusion.
This didnt happen during or after birth, it happened during embryo development..

In brief: No
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Congenitall fusion
Alsocalled transitional anatomy common only problem comes with numbering confusion of the lumbar vertebra when picking treatment level for injection or surgery we are used to seeing 5 lumbar vertebra 4 t throws off the usual numbering scheme agreed upon

In brief: Congenitall fusion
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. David Wyatt
In brief: No
Not that i know either but is very common..

In brief: No
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. Adam Levy