Should I take my wisdom tooth out? It partially erupted 2 3 yrs ago, and butts up against my second molar, and hasn't moved... No pain.

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry
If this area is a focal point where gum disease can start, i would recommend extraction to make the area more cleansable.

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Pamela Moore
In brief: Ask a dentist
I would recommend following the advice of your family dentist as they generally know when a tooth needs to be pulled and when one doesn't.

In brief: Ask a dentist
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Leave it alone
I have the same problem and I am just letting it stay like it is.
Just read an article about unnecessary removal of wisdom teeth and fairly frequent minor and major consequences associated with that. So, just let it be there. Try to brush and floss it as well as you can, as they tend to rot easier than other teeth due to poor accessibility. I am getting there, though.

In brief: Leave it alone
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrea Brand