My hip hurts an pop in an out been like this for years when I bring my knee to my stomach thats when it pops why?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Cartilage tear
Not common but popping unhip can represent a labral tear which is a cartilage cushion in the hip joint.
An exam and MRI is needed.

In brief: Cartilage tear
An exam and MRI is needed.
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Several choices.
As dr. Choueka said, it could be due to a cartilage tear. I've also seen pain and popping in the hip from ligaments that are overly stretchy, allowing the head of the femur to slide toward the edge of the socket it's in.
There are many different kinds of tissues in the hip joint area that could be involved; the best way to proceed is to be examined by an orthopedist, who can sort it out best.

In brief: Several choices.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Shontae Buffington