My doc says I have GERD but I have no heartburn, just bloating, gas and feeling sometimes coughafter eating...Are those herd related? I'm 24

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Partly

Sure as heck sounds like you are having some sx's suggestive of gerd, but you also probably have some degree of irritable bowel syndrome.
You just seem to have a two'fer. Not unusual in the young patient like you. Dietary changes, smaller feedings, nicotine and caffeine elimination should help.Keep a diet diary, it will help u and ur doc determine the best course o action.

In brief: Partly

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Quite possible

Cough after eating sounds like possibly gerd related, but bloating and gas are not so typical.
Gerd can cause what's known as cough variant asthma, which is caused by stomach acid irritating your airway. Not herd related...

In brief: Quite possible

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Partly

In brief: Partly

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Arnon Rubin