Can internal hemorrhoids be felt during an examination? And can they cause bloody pieces of tissue during a bowel movement?

Not normally. Internal hemorrhoids: blood filled cushions, not varicose veins; not usually felt during rectal exam. Usually painless vs. External hemorrhoids (different nerve supply). Can cause bright red blood in bowl, on toilet paper, or coating stool. Bloody pieces of tissue, blood mixed in the stool, dark blood, clots, etc need to be evaluated. Bright red blood may need to be investigated too. See md.
Yes. Can be seen with anoscopy. Bloody pieces may be clots. This requires md evaluation.