I am also a dancer and when I sit in my split my toe like curls is there anyway I can makenit better?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No split sitting!

Sitting in a split will not improve your flexibility any more than doing it for 20 or 30 seconds at a time.
Dynamic warm up (i.e. Grand plié) will help to warm and lengthen your muscles. Sitting in a stretch is more likely to loosen your ligaments-dangerous because you cannot muscularly control this flexibility when dancing. Check out www.Iadms.Org and www.Pama.Org for dance medicine specialists.

In brief: No split sitting!

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No split sitting!

In brief: No split sitting!

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No split sitting!

In brief: No split sitting!

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Maybe

You may need to stretch more, but this is probably something a dance instructor can help you with.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine