My dandruff doesn't seem to be going away. I've used shampoos, shower every day but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Dr. Edward Neilsen

In brief: Let it sit

Sometimes applying dandruff shampoo, rubbing it in, and allowing it to dry before washing it off (about 15 minutes) will help.
Do this 3 times a week for a few weeks, then periodically after. If if doesn't work, see your doctor for prescription to help.

In brief: Let it sit

Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: See a doctor

You need to see a dermatologist for prescription strength meds when otc products are not working.
The doctor can prescribe stronger strength topical steroids (to help with the inflammation) and anti-keratolytics (to dissolve the flakes) which will help to get it under control.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee