I have trouble with insomnia. My doctors have prescribed xanac for me but I now feel like I cannot go to bed withoutthem and its giving me anxiety. What should I do?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Trouble
You have become physically defendant on it.
There are ways to change this. Sleep issues are a very common problem, the root of which needs looked into. It's only after a thorough timeline and evaluation that your treatment will be as specific as possible. Depression, thyroid/adrenal/ and other possibilities need entertained. Please seek advice asap.

In brief: Trouble
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Samuel Miles
In brief: Talk to your doctor
Go to bed around the same time each night in a quiet dark comfortable bed.
Be sure you have not been too stimulated just before bedtime, so don't eat, exercise, or work a few hours before you go to sleep. Since you are concerned about xanax, (alprazolam) it probably will make sense to taper off it under your doctor's supervision.

In brief: Talk to your doctor
Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Francine Yep
In brief: Sleep
So important, so hard to get.
Sounds like you're hooked on Xanax (alprazolam) now. Talk with your doc. Lots of ways to ease off Xanax (alprazolam) gently & ease into other ways to snooze. Hope you're feeling better soon.

In brief: Sleep
So important, so hard to get.
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Yes. Mixed. Some folks have felt it helped them tremendously. It didn't work for other folks. Other ideas for helping you sleep: melatonin, valerian root, kava kava root tincture [make sure it's the root, not the leaf], homeopathic remedies [including Calms Forte], over-the-counter antihistamines like chlorpheniramine/generic Chlor-Trimeton or diphenhydrmaine/generic Benadryl. Meditation.Good luck
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: The anxiety you have
Now just thinking about having to go to bed without Xanax (alprazolam) is likely a psychological dependence on Xanax (alprazolam) to guarantee sleep for you.
Physiologic dependence is less likely on a once daily Xanax (alprazolam) dose. Xanax (alprazolam) has such a short half life that when physiologically dependent withdrawal anxiety occurs within 5 or 6 hours after the last dose. Are you physiologically or psychologically dependent or both?

In brief: The anxiety you have
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Earthing is the process of connecting people to the earth directly. There is a book about it and products sold related to the practice. There are no scientific studies to back up the practice and it's effectiveness if any.
Dr. Eric Weisman