How to induce normal nail growth after ingrown toe nail?

Dr. Carlos Rojas
Podiatry

In brief: Nails

Some times the nail will grow back ingrown again and again; a different procedure where the nail matrix is chemically cauterized can be done by your local podiatrist.
This will ensure that the ingrown border does not come back ever again.

In brief: Nails

In brief: It's difficult

There are several devices made to adhere to the nail plate and encourage flattening, but in my experience, they don't have a huge rate of success.
If ingrown toenails are a repeat problem, consider having the margins permanently removed by a podiatrist. It's a 5 minute procedure done in his office under local anesthesia, and if done properly, leaves a good cosmetic result.

In brief: It's difficult