When I was younger I took Accutane now my facial hair has bald patches is this due to accutane?

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Bald from acne scars
As just stated in a separate response, i wonder if the scarring from acne, the indication for Accutane (to prevent new scarring acne lesions from occurring) caused the hair loss not the accutane.

In brief: Bald from acne scars
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Hard to tell
Hair thinning and loss is listed as one of the side effects.
Whether this is your case or not, it is hard to tell. Another possibility is that you may not grow hair on the areas of your face that have acne scars, or it may just be the hair distribution pattern you have, as some men don't have a continuous hair growth pattern on their face. You may need to get a consult from a dermatologist on that.

In brief: Hard to tell
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc