I have a disk pushing on a nerve in my neck an my trap an back is all knotted I have a appointment wedsday to see a neck doctor should I get cortozon.?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Maybe. More info.
It is possible that a cortisone injection may be helpful but more info is needed before a definite treatment plan can be recommended.
Things to consider: how far is the disc herniated? Weakness to the arm or hand? What else has been tried? Relief with medications? Physical therapy? How long with symptoms? Lots of questions need answering before an injection.

In brief: Maybe. More info.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Mark Weston
knotted muscles and tender areas are more associated with the more common muscular pains not referred nerve pain these could be secondary to shoulder splinting shoulder for pain the injection selective nerve root block will help with diagnosis this not all cuff tears hurt not all disc herniation hurt physical exam important to sort out root problem.
Dr. Robert Wallach
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Maybe
If the doctor thinks that a cortisone injection would give you relief there's nothing wrong with trying at least 1 injection.
Just make sure the doctor is well trained and does the procedures under x-ray guidance. Pinched nerve in the neck often causes pain in the shoulder or upper back.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Eric Weisman