My forehead is sweating more than the rest of my body - is this normal?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Excess Sweating
Sweating is a normal body function, but in some people and at some times in our lives sweating my increase in certain areas of the body (scalp, forehead, underarms, palms, soles of feet - more commonly).
Surprisingly, Botox can be a really effective treatment for sweating. The forehead is an easy fit for Botox because there are cosmetic advantages in that region as well. Hope this helps!

In brief: Excess Sweating
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Forehead sweat botox
Some people do notice more sweat on the forehead if you have this treated, you might notice compensatory increased sweating in other areas such as the underarms, of other facial areas, neck etc.
If tempted to treat this w.Botox injections of the forehead, not all the sweating areas can be treated without risking temporarily dropping your eyebrows & upper eyelids lasting about three to four months.

In brief: Forehead sweat botox
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
Some people have koacilized excess sweating.
If this a problem a topical antiperspirant at night may help. If this is notve ough then Botox used for forehead wrinkles can decrease the sweating for 6-9 months. As little as 20 units in the forehead can help. The cost is per unit and would be about 220.

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology
In brief: Hyperhidrosis
Some people have excessive sweating of certain parts of the body called hyperhidrosis.
This can involve hands, feet, scalp, armpits. It can be treated with topicals such an aluminum chloride (drysol) which helps decrease sweating for a few hours or a longer lasting solution such as botox. Another procedure called iontophoresis has also been tried. Botox is currently the most effective method.

In brief: Hyperhidrosis
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee