My doctor always gives me depression meds for my anxiety but it never works. Should i tell him to try something else?

In brief: Options

Rather then telling him to try something else, i would present him with the problem. The two of you can explore solutions together. The best outcomes usually occur when the provider and patient work together as a team. He may opt to add an adjunctive medication, increase the dose, change meds or add in other treatments (cbt, yoga, acupuncture, deep breathing exercises, progress muscle relaxation).

In brief: Options