My cousin's two year old boy fell over the back of the loveseat this morning. He went crashing face first to the floor.He bled on/off all day. How do we get to know if he has a broken nose?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
In brief: You don't
Most 2 year olds are very flexible and a broken nose is unlikely but only an xray would tell for sure.
A doctor may get an idea from the exam and amount of tenderness on palpation and movement. Make sure he can breath through his nose and there is not undue swelling and look for any devaition. If in doubt, check it out. Sorry for slow response.

In brief: You don't
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Go to hospital
Get it checked at emergency room or urgent care today.

In brief: Go to hospital
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Broken nose
Have your daughter's nose evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Broken nose
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nose crooked?
Try icing the nose for 10' every hour for a day or so to reduce swelling.
Use afrin otc (oxymetazoline) for nose bleeding. If the nose looks crooked you have a week or so to get it evaluated by your local ENT or facial plastic surgeon for correction (if needed). Good luck!

In brief: Nose crooked?
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
In brief: Not a Podiatry ?
I would tke him to his peiatrician for an exam.

In brief: Not a Podiatry ?
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Cindy Juster