My wife is taking an oral contraceptive. Should she take low dose asa to prevent a blood clot? Studies say that contraceptive can be linked 2 clots..

No smoking. Oral contraceptives can be associated with blood clots in the lungs (dvts) or lungs (pulmonary embolisms) and one of the bigger risk factors is smoking, especially over the age of 35. I am not aware of studies that show Aspirin (asa) decreases the risk of blood clots while on oral contraceptives.
OC & Clots. If your wife has close family members with history of thrombosis, stroke or pulmonary embolism, testing for blood clotting disorders [thrombophilia] could indicate increased risk for a blood clot.
No. The pill is associated with a very small increase in venous blood clots, far less risk than when pregnant. Aspirin reduces arterial clots like those causing a heart attack, not ones in veins. Smoking raises risk for both.
No. The clots caused by the estogen in oral contraceptives occur in the veins. Baby Aspirin does not prevent clots in the veins. It prevents clots in the arteries. Oral contraceptives are safer than driving your car and having a baby. If you want to lower your risk try an estrogen-free form of birth control like the minipill or iud.