What is IV sedation like for tooth extraction?

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Too much

We don't recommend IV sedation for simple extractions, may be in the case of a special patient ( medically compromised or uncooperative ones).
If you are having several surgical or impacted extractions, then you could opt for the more expensive option, but you should always try to choose the safest procedure such as nitrous oxide ( laughing gas).

In brief: Too much

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Kim Henry
Dentistry

In brief: It is overkill

Iv sedation for a single extraction is overkill.
It will cost you. Consider just taking an oral sedative like valium an hour before, then laughing gas before being numbed. The vast majority of my patients do fine on just this regimen.

In brief: It is overkill

Dr. Kim Henry
Dr. Kim Henry