I am going to get one wisdom tooth removed and i believe it's still under my gum. Will i be sedated?

Dr. Joseph Kim
Dentistry

In brief: Consult first

If the idea of being fully sedated makes you hesitant to proceed, then simply ask the oral surgeon to offer other alternatives.
The use of antianxiety medications (such as valium) combined with nitrous oxide (laughing gas) have proven to be very helpful adjuntcts in treating single tooth, surgical extractions. Regardless, a prior consultation is always advisable.

In brief: Consult first

Dr. Julian Goldman
Anesthesiology

In brief: Maybe only local

Sedation is usually an option, not a requirement for the procedure.
After discussion with your dentist you may decide that local anesthetic is enough. Also, not all dentists are prepared to sedate patients in the office, so you may not have that option. As with all medical and dental procedures, make you sure you discuss the plan and options with your doc - preferably during a prior visit.

In brief: Maybe only local

Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ask the surgeon

Why not call the oral surgeon who will be removing the tooth and ask about options for sedation and anesthetics? Make sure you are comfortable about being comfortable with this procedure.

In brief: Ask the surgeon

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Would recommend

If the wisdom tooth is still under the gum, it is impacted.
Impacted teeth are more difficult to remove. I would refer you to oral surgeon for the extraction. Some sort of sedation would be recommended. Normally, IV sedation is used, better controlled. You could take some oral sedation meds. One wisdom tooth means you will be done quicker. Sedation is more expensive but no worry.

In brief: Would recommend