How can I treat a hernia while pregnant?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Abdominal binder
Hernias in the belly button (umbilical hernia) are not rare in pregnancy.
Most of the time surgery can be delayed until after delivery. Covering it with a girdle, abdominal binder, wrap or even tape can make them more comfortable. In rare cases surgery is necessary.

In brief: Abdominal binder
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. David Earle
Surgery
In brief: Surgery
The only treatment for a hernia is an operation.
Whether or not you operate on a hernia during pregnancy will depend on the problems it is causeing. Severe, unrelenting pain, or problems with the intestines are signs you may need to operate during pregnancy. I have performed hernia repair during pregnancy without prblems. See sages.Org guidelines for laparoscopy during pregnancy for more info.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Jonathan Jassey