For the past few months I have a lot of flem / mucus in my throat after every meal. Irrespective of menu. Any ideas?

Reflux. Most likely reflux. Along with taking a ppi (prilosec otc - take 1 hours before meal). You should try do the following. Keep your portions small. Do not eat 2 hours before you lay down. Try and sleep on an incline (you can do this by sleeping on a wedge pillow). Avoid these foods: acidic foods (tomoto's, onions, red sauce) fatty foods, chocolate, mint, and of course spicy foods.
Could be reflux. If you have atypical reflux (reflux that doesn't lead to heartburn) your symptoms could be due to inflammation of your throat from stomach contents coming up. Some people reflux after eating. Some patients have swallowing problems and may not swallow completely leading to retained food causing symptoms. An ENT doctor should be able to evaluate and examine you coming up with the diagnosis.
Reflux. This is likely reflux disease, or heartburn. I would recommend a short 10 days course of over-the-counter Omeprazole (prilosec). If your symptoms resolve, then there is your answer. Make sure you bring this up with your physician.