I've lost 45 pounds thru diet/exercise. Now my scoliosis is more obvious. Its not hurting though. How often shud I have my orthopaedist check it out?

Dr. Francine Yep
In brief: Age?
Congrats on making such great healthy changes! if you're an adult & you've stopped growing, then your scoliosis will stay the same.
It won't get worse. Glad it doesn't hurt you. Consider treatment like osteopath, exercise if it's hurting you or interfering with your daily life.

In brief: Age?
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
::High five:: Glad you're feel fantastic after all the changes you made. Way to go!
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Depends
If you are an adult a curve above 50 degrees tends to progress one degree per year .
..Let your orthopaedist determine how often he/she wants to see you.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine