I bent over to do something and got a kink in my back. Now I can hardly walk. What can I do to relieve the pain.?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Frustrating
Avoid lifting, pushing, carrying weight.
Rub on ointments for muscle pains (icy hot, capsaicin up, tiger balm; use heat or cold compresses. Do exercises for your lower back. Take ( 375mg a 12h) or Ibuprofen 600-800mg q 6-8 h. Get evaluated for steroids, physical therapy, muscle relaxants, x rays or MRI of the affected area. It is going to take several weeks to get really better if you improve.

In brief: Frustrating
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Slade Suchecki
In brief: Consider
In addition to info provided, consider manipulative treatment by an osteopathic physician.
If appropriate, it may reduce or alleviate your discomfort and possibly reduce recovery time if this is a simple strain. If this is more than a strain, a do can prescribe appropriate medicine or obtain appropriate imaging and/or referral.

In brief: Consider
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Vikram Patel