Two days ago I experienced a 30 minute display of bright flashing in my right eye with no loss of vision afterwards or during the event. What is this?

Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
This depend and you should consider talking directly with your eye doctor. It may have been a vitreous detachment which is benign but is sometimes associated with a more serious retinal detachment.
Usually the symptoms persist in this case. It also could have been an ocular migraine where you will see visual phenomena without a headache for about 30 minutes which then resolves completely.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Nadu Tuakli
In brief: It could be migraine
This could have been a migraine aura without the headache but see an opthalmologist (eye doctor) first and if it recurs then see a neurologist.

In brief: It could be migraine
Dr. Nadu Tuakli
Dr. Nadu Tuakli
Dr. Eric Weisman