I had my second child 7 months ago and haven't been able to lose weight and keep it off, I eat well run 3 days a week. How can I keep weight off ?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Losing "baby" fat
This can be an exasperating problem. Be sure that you have not developed a problem such as low thyroid or blood sugar metabolism difficulties.
Also are you still breast feeding? If you are on birth control pills, they can affect weight. Also other medications. See your family doctor about this for help with your overall wellness.

In brief: Losing "baby" fat
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Discipline
There's no getting around it.
It's relatively easy to lose weight and as hard as can be to keep it off. To maintain weight loss many people have found they need to exercise 60-90 min/day 6 days/week, keep track of everything they eat, and continue to eat less than people the same weight who have never been overweight. For more info, check out the national weight control registry http://www.Nwcr.Ws.

In brief: Discipline
There's no getting around it.
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
In brief: Eat fewer calories
Helpful weight loss diets include natural foods that take time to chew but contain few calories.
Examples include carrots, celery, and iceberg lettuce (without salad dressing). When shopping for fruits, buy small ones no bigger than a tennis ball, because fruits contain natural sugar. Drinks without calories include water and green tea. A calorie is a calorie, regardless of where it comes from.

In brief: Eat fewer calories
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Keep at it...
From your post you sound like you are on the right track(no pun intended); don't worry.
..Keep up the diligent work and you'll get there. Try to avoid carbs; white sugars, and fatty foods. Try to allow your only beverage to be water; and get plenty of it. If you are still at plateau; check with your doctor(in some instances your hormonal balance may have shifted too far as a result of pregnancy).

In brief: Keep at it...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Cindy Juster