Why does my heart rate stay elevated for 2-3 hours after exercise?

Likely abnormal. http://www.heart.com/heart-rate-chart.html. I have the impression that it is too long to go back to baseline. What is your resting pulse? How old are you? What medicines do you take? Have you had any cardiac arrhythmias? Did you drink caffeine after exercise? Are you taking enhancers to develop muscle mass?How often and since when this happens?
Not normal. Resting heart rate is mediated by your vagus nerve. an abnormal value for the recovery of heart rate is defined as a reduction of 12 beats per minute or less from the heart rate at peak exercise. persistently elevated heart rate after exercise may be a reflection of decreased vagal activity due to medications or medical conditions, dehydration, or heat exhaustion.