I'm experiencing pain on the top of my foot and the arches and sometimes a slight numbness after some time on the elliptical...How can this be solved?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine
In brief: Check your shoewear
You may want to look at the type of shoes you are wearing.
Sometimes undersized shoes, tight laces or thick socks can contribute to overall compression of blood flow or nerves to the foot. Cramping from restrictive circulation can cause pain in the arch. If your symptoms do not improve with simple corrective measures then consult your doctor for further evaluation.

In brief: Check your shoewear
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Many possibilities
The symptoms of pain and numbness during or after activity could be due to muscle strain, nerve irritation, or other causes.
Best to check with your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and then develop a treatment plan.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Sorry but I don't know of the doctors there. Maybe post this question on healthtap?
Dr. Eric Weisman