My 11 month old baby's nose is bleeding and mixed with mucous.  what should I do?  she is on omnicef (cefdinir) for and ear infection.

In brief: How is baby?
The mucous membranes of a baby are continuous thru the nose/sinuses/middle ears so infection in one area may run into another. Spotty blood in mucous is often a sinus infection with the same germ. Gentle cleaning with saline & application of saline gel may end the bleeding.
Let your drs office know so they can coordinate timeing of followup. If baby's happy & playful it can wait till ofc hrs.

In brief: How is baby?
Dr. Paul Cohen
Glad to read it! I'm sure my fellow "tappers" are glad to read it as well.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Notify Pediatrician
May try nasal saline solution to clean the nasal passages and make him/ her breath humidified air. Avoid aspirin.
Notify the pediatrician office so he/ she be examined. If bleeding is too much take him to the emergency room.

In brief: Notify Pediatrician
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Peter Kurzweil