I experience shortness of breath during exercise.I'm taking 10mg of montelukast prescribed for my daughter.It helps somewhat. Any suggestions?

Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: See your doctor

I agree with dr rand that seeing a pulmonologist would be helpful, but as a family doctor i recommend starting with your family doctor. Your problem is likely to be handled just fine by them, for less cost.
It is important to have a primary care physician who knows all about your health in order to put the pieces together and provide you with the best all around care.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Elden Rand
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See pulmonologist

You may have exercise induced asthma or reactive airways.
A pulmonologist can do a pulmonary function test to test this. Ensure you tell them you have been taking montelukast so that they are aware that this may change your test results. Of course all of us would always counsel you against taking other people's medications, although improvment of your symptoms with this medication is informative.

In brief: See pulmonologist

Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Elden Rand
Dr. Jonathan Jassey