What is the new fna molecular marker test by veracyte. Is it a very good biopsy technique for papillary cancer?Please explain http://www.Veracyte.Com

Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Hmmm...
Seems to be a lot of queries on the topic of thyroid cancer these past few days; and my answer is still the same so please refer to my earlier post(s) the best test for you is the one your doctor orders; as far as the compnay the makes the test that decision is usually up to the lab that processes the pathology; best to leave this to the experts(oncologists/endocrinologists/hospitals) involved.

In brief: Hmmm...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. David Rosen
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Rule out cancer
We use veracyte to determine if questionable fna result follicular lesion of undetermined significance is benign.
If molecular markers braf and nras are negative, the veracyte testing is used. If veracyte negative then 95% beinign.

In brief: Rule out cancer
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. Marsha Davis